Access. Relationship. Service.
About our virtual clinic:
Access your naturopathic primary care or specialist from home via a telemedicine (virtual) platform. Our telemedicine offerings are a natural extension of our promise to deliver high quality, integrative, truly patient-centered care. Telemedicine can not only improve health outcomes, but is more convenient and accessible for patients. You can use your naturopathic telemedicine visits for follow-ups, urgent care needs, or even for your first meeting with your doctor provided a physical exam is not required. If during your visit the doctor determines you are in need of emergency care, a physical exam, or something else we cannot provide for virtually, they will direct you to the appropriate setting and you are still responsible for the virtual visit. The FAQ page answers some common questions about virtual counseling (telemental health) and naturopathic telemedicine. We do not contact outside companies to provide telemedicine services to you- you can access the doctors and counselors that you know. You can see your provider in-office or online as you need.
Costs are the same as our in-office visits and pricing can be found on our pricing page. It is your responsibility to know what your insurance plan will and will not cover for telemedicine services. If insurance is maxed out or denied, then you are financially responsible for the balance. Pre-pay packages apply as usual.
We are looking forward to working with you and helping you in your healing journey.
Why schedule a virtual visit?
Examples of Potential Conditions/Reasons For a Naturopathic Telemedicine Visit:
- Initial or follow up doctor’s visit
- Pink eye
- Bites and stings
- Sore throat
- Naturopathic specialty consult
- Nutrition consult
- Environmental medicine consult
- Men’s Health
- Lab results review
- Women’s health
- Primary care
- High cholesterol
- Eye issues
- Bladder infections
- Ear pain
- And more…
Gumshoe has providers who are currently credentialed with:
- Healthways (Aetna, Cigna)
- First Choice
- Community Health Plan of Washington
- It is up to you to check your benefits for telemedicine and the type of service prior to your appointment. If insurance is maxed out or denied, you are financially responsible.
Examples of Potential Conditions/Reasons for a Virtual Mental Health Counseling (Telemental Health) Visit:
- Initial or follow up counseling visit
- Weight loss
- Relationship issues
- Social isolation/shyness
- Sudden loss
- Life transition challenges
- Eating disorders/ body image issues
- Chronic illness
- Health maintenance
- Suicidal ideation
- End of life/ terminal illness
- And more…
How it Works:
1) Schedule your appointment in Jane (our online scheduler) or you can call the office to schedule at (206) 420-8682
2) If this is your first visit:
Complete the intake forms that will be sent to your inbox at least 24 hours in advance to maximize your time during your first visit. We recommend keeping the same login for both systems to avoid confusion.
*Naturopathic Visits ONLY: after your intake form is completed, accept the email invitation to the Athena Patient Portal so you can securely communicate with your provider and review your medical records.
3) Login to Clocktree 10 minutes before your visit and check your audio/video (found in the drop down menu in upper right corner). Have your credit card ready for any copay, deductible, or cash cost for your visit- your provider will take payment at the beginning of the visit.
4) Finally, just answer the virtual phone when your provider calls to establish the face to face link!
- Google Chrome Browser
- Internet service. (The video feed quality will adjust based on available bandwith)
Telemedicine is a vehicle of delivery for healthcare services, not the healthcare service itself. As a delivery method, it has limitations on what the provider can do in the visit. If your provider determines that you need a physical exam or more urgent physical care, they may refer you to an urgent care clinic, an ER, or another office visit. You are still financially responsible for the time you booked virtually with your provider.
If using insurance, it is your responsibility to know what your plan will or will not cover. If your insurance is maxed out or denied, you will be responsible for your visit.
Stop! Emergency Checker:
If at any point you feel that you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Some common, potentially emergency symptoms are:
- Nonresponsive or extreme weakness
- Sever chest pain and pressure
- Difficulty breathing
- Continuous bleeding
- Severe headache
- Severe abdominal pain
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe allergic reaction
- Abnormal behaviour/change in speech
- Sudden paralysis or numbness
If your medical situation is not an emergency and you would like to continue with scheduling a telemedicine visit, please do so here– search for appointments under the Telemdicine/Virtual Clinic.