Naturopathic Family Medicine and Specialties
Naturopathic Doctors Help Put it all together.
Helping to streamline your whole health care experience, our naturopathic doctors are on the case to help piece together your individual health care plan and team. Gumshoe Health brings together health practitioners from all walks of the health care system for the benefit of both patients and providers. We house both naturopathic doctors focused on primary care and a variety of naturopathic specialists. This enables our extended health care knowledge network and mutual professional respect to provide a more efficient and comprehensive patient experience.
The naturopathic doctors at Gumshoe Health have chosen to work in an integrated setting with other types of medical providers and medical knowledge. As such, they have a greater understanding of the other therapies you may be receiving and have additional support from their colleagues when integrating your treatment plan. They also have a greater knowledge themselves on such topics. They may also refer out for imaging, labs, or specialty services you may need. Your naturopathic doctor can act as your primary care physician or as a specialist support for your pre-existing health care team. In either case, they will strive to work with all your other health care providers to ensure you are receiving the best care possible and help you to connect the dots as you navigate the health care system.
As a part of our dedication to access for patients, your primary care or specialist naturopathic doctor has appointments available for advance scheduling, same day urgent care appointments, and virtual clinic/ telemedicine appointments. This blend helps us to ensure that your healthcare is available to you as, when, and how you actually need it.
Gumshoe Health welcomes all providers whose credentials and training provide them the knowledge and competency to be primary health care providers to patients in the state of Washington. We’re happy to have them on our team to provide physician level services. This includes but is not limited to: Medical Doctors (MDs), Naturopathic Doctors (NDs), Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners (ARNPs), and Osteopathic Doctors (DOs).
Naturopathic doctors are guided by the philosophies outlined below in their application and practice of medicine as well as the individual needs and priorities of their patients.
Access Your Naturopathic Doctor:
- In-Office. Come to the clinic for your appointment.
- Virtually. Meet with your naturopathic primary care or specialist via Gumshoe Health’s HIPPA-compliant telemedicine platform.
- At a pre-scheduled time. Book your appointment in advance for best results via our online scheduler (Jane) or by calling.
- Same day. We always keep some appointments open on a daily basis both in-office and virtually in case of urgent care needs. Colds/flu, UTIs, and more are good reasons to take advantage of these openings. Call to book same day appointments.
The Principles of Naturopathic Medicine:
- First, do no harm. (Primum Non Nocere)
- Identify and Treat the Cause. (Tolle Causam)
- Treat the Whole Person (Tolle Totum)
- Prevention (Praevenire)
- The Healing Power of Nature. (Vis Medicatrix Naturae)
- Doctor as Teacher (Docere)
The Therapeutic Order (the organizing principle of our naturopathic doctors):
- Address Acute Concerns
- Establish the Conditions for Health
- Remove disturbing factors
- Adopt Healthy Behaviors
- Stimulate the Self- Healing Processes (the Vis)
- Address Weakened or Damaged Systems
- Correct Structural Integrity
- Address Pathology
- Repress or Surgically Remove Pathology
Full-spectrum Naturopathic Health Care
"We'll take the case"
Examples of conditions treated:
- Skin Complaints
- Chronic Pain
- Thyroid Disorders
- Enlarged Prostate
- Type II Diabetes
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Cardiovascular Disease
- UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections)
Some of the naturopathic modalities used:
- Botanical Medicine
- Pharmaceutical Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Patient Education
- Minor Office Surgery
- IV Therapy
- Sports Medicine